Now displaying: Page 1
Aug 12, 2016
- Remove the three kinds of thoughts, and that is focusing on the moment. Being able to do that is called concentration. When it happens, that would be Dao, and accordance with the heaven. And what you do would make perfect sense. Let your mind be "empty." That's how you can enlarge your amplitude for tolerance.
- Empty your thoughts before you'd be able to fuse with the universe. To be able to journey to wherever as you wish. Since your thoughts are emptied, you'd be united with the heaven and the earth. Since you and the heaven and the earth are one, you should act and think accordingly. A Heaven's heart is selfless. A Heaven's heart is most natural, wu wei (non-action or non-doing.) and fair.
- When cultivating Dao, no matter how long you've been doing it, the most important is "drop" your clinging (sense-pleasure clinging, wrong-view clinging, rites-and-rituals clinging, self-doctrine clinging). Let go of your fabricated mind. Rid of those, and you'd be a buddha. If you can't achieve that, you stay as a human. Sometimes when you let go, your mind would be calm and stable. And wherever your mind lands, you would be enlightened and comprehend there and then.
- Without a goal, a person would be like a boat without the helm. It would float along where the currents take it. Or the direction the waves make it. It would never be able to settle down. That's why you need to be your own master. Dictate your own directions and complete this short life time of yours.
- If you know the importance of being able to let go of everything and ridding of your troubles, placing your heart and affections in the universe, do you have any idea how broad and magnificent your amplitude for tolerance would expand, and how happy you would be! Saints and sages since long ago were the ones who knew how to let go so they gained access to the quietness and secluded state in mind.