1. 2015/6: Five organs were either totally or partially removed due to a large area of tumor among her digestive organs
2. 2015/11: Cindy’s small intestine was found adhered because of the cancer operation and she endured a second surgery
3. 2016/3: The doctor suggested that Cindy stay home till May for a quiet recovery. Unfortunately, her employer fired her in March, without any compensation.
Adjustments Taken After Becoming Unemployed
1. Confucius said, “… I preferred no one sued another…”
2. How would you know it’s not a blessing when you lost something? How would you know the next one is less good as the present one?
3. Stay polite and keep her dignity.
4. As long as her health condition allows, she’s willing to take any job that pays the bills.
Attitude towards Cultivating Dao
1. Friends, colleagues, and family members are in your life for a reason. Make the best out of it.
2. Dao follows the nature, so as work. Cherish the time when you have a job/career. When you don’t, it might be time for you to recover your health, adjust your attitude, or consider your future.
3. Have a magnanimous “cloudy days” attitude. Use the opportunity to help your mind and soul to grow.
4. Work, health, and life are all to start from your heart. We are all facing an ever-changing life. Treat the impermanence as the perfect moment to a new beginning.
5. Vary your perspective. Treat all hindrances as stepping stones instead of obstacles
Encouragements to people in any ordeal
1. Face it. Running away is only good to prolong the process.
2. Put the opportunity into good use to help your growth in mind and soul. Do not make this life time another fool’s errant.
3. Face the situation. Fix the problem. Do not complain. Ask your inner Buddha (your wisdom) to help you.
4. Take good care of your body, your mind, and your soul.