What To Choose, Career Or Family?
- Established a home décor factory in China. Managed the factory alone and being separated from his family.
- Lost the opportunity to be with his kids and to witness their growth. Too bad there is no pill can cure regret.
- More than a decade had passed and Jeffrey grew older. Neither of the kids wanted to inherit his business. He had to sell it and spent 3 to 4 years to get the transfer task done.
Retirement? Oh My God…
- Knowing it coming 4 years prior to his retirement did not prepare Jeffrey for his retirement.
- Jeffrey felt lost and out of his element. It seemed his personal value was gone.
- He stayed underfoot of his beloved wife who needed to get use to his being home full time too.
- They spent some months traveling to places
- Jeffrey returned to school and pursued a master degree in Buddhism which had been his passion since college.
Suggestions For People Who Might Be Retired within Several Years
- Made a plan to buy your own place when young if possible. With your own place, you won’t need to worry about paying rent when there’s no income.
- Plan your retirement well. Search healthy hobbies and interests to occupy your extra time.
- You must have some passive income, such as monthly or rent income. Leave your savings to emergency or planned expenses.
- Unless you’re really well off financially, it might be better giving your children the opportunity to build their own career. Keep the savings for yourself and the spouse and enjoy a relaxed retirement.
- Be careful about your investment. Jeffrey doesn’t suggest the stock market because it’s highly risky.
- Fulfill the need for your soul and mind, such as philosophy and religions. Find a way to elevate your being.