A New Passion Was Born Because Of …
- Helping the kid develop her fine motor skills when she was little
- Personal interests
- Needing it as a distraction
Unearth The Sources of The Stress
- Taking care of sick family members: Cathy’s mom had a severe stroke while her mother-in-law is suffering from cancer.
- Trying to understand why they get sick.
Find Outlets To Reduce The Stress
- Do what you enjoy: To Cathy, concentrating on making handicrafts helps her forget about stress. Observing changes of materials, such as water dissolving the paint and the way of paper absorbing paint also amazes her.
- Let the nature help you: Cathy takes a stroll at the beach or in the park to refresh herself. Seeing the ocean accepts water coming from all rivers and raindrops from the sky inspires her. She told herself to try harder and be more tolerant.
- Volunteer yourself: Cathy teaches at a children’s reading club. She enjoys sharing worry-free time with them.
- Talk it out loud: Cathy’s husband is great help for her to release the stress.
- Contemplate wisdom words from books.
- Be aware of the expenses if you’re using art as a way to reduce stress. Materials of handicrafts can be expensive.
- DO NOT CREATE another source of stress for yourself no matter what means you use.
P.S. Wanna see Cathy’s stress-free card and water painting? Please visit daocafe.com.