The Birth, Growth, & Giving back of A-Hung Vegetarian Deli
- Established some years ago for his son A-Hung who later found a job related to his major in graduate school.
- The deli has no advertisement budget. New customers are from recommendation of word of mouth and search of its present online.
- The restaurant held a 3-day event in December 2015 supplying free vegetarian food to every dined in guest as a way to give back to the society and helping the needed.
Philosophy of Running the Deli
- Kindness: The more people consume vegetarian food means the fewer animals are butchered as a food source.
- Food safety: The roadside deli is surrounded by vegetable farms. To ensure food safety, instead of cutting a much cheaper deal with his farmer neighbors, Mr. Chen makes his vegetable purchases at the central market where pesticide residue is tested as a requirement.
- A consciousness business: Dishes in many vegetable restaurants include various kinds of fake meat and fake fish products. This kind of processed food is believed not as healthy as the natural kind. It’s also very hard to determine what are really used. Thus Mr. Chen prefers to use less processed ingredients and more naturally grown food that you can tell what they really are!!!
- A happy workplace: Mr. Chen is a student of Confucianism, Dao philosophy, and Buddhist doctrine. He enjoys debating such spirituality with customers who share the same interest.
- The secret ingredients: “Please wait for your food patiently because we prepare them with our heart.” Joyfulness, good wishes, and nutritious ingredients.
Suggestions To Vegetarians Who Care What You Eat
- Ask the shop keeper what an item is made from.
- Read the prints on the packages what the ingredients are and where they are produced. In Japan, fish is considered vegetarian. While in southeastern Asia countries, onions and garlics. In many western countries, seafood, onions and garlics are.
- After the above checking done, if you believe what is told or printed, eat the food. If you don’t trust them, take your business elsewhere.
Suggestions To Want-To-Be Vegetarian Deli Owners
- Stable customer source nearby: Set up your deli near a college or residential zone where walk-in customers are guaranteed.
- Location, location, location: The Deli is located on the roadside of Highway 9 outside Hua-Lian City. It’s very convenient to vegetarians touring the beauty of eastern Taiwan coast.
- Safe and delicious food: Do your best to provide healthy and enjoyable food to the customers. Words of satisfied customers are much more powerful and trustworthy than paid ads.