Yuan Liao-Fan was born in the Ming Dynasty. At 69, he wrote a book Liao-Fan's Four Lessons as heritage to his son. He died at the age of 73. Here’s the story.
Everything was FATE. One could do NOTHING to alter it.
- Elder Kong who was good at fortune telling told Liao-Fan he would pass 3 tests at respective places. A year later, the results of the test proved Kong correct in all counts.
- Elder Kong foresaw everything. What position Lian-Fan would have in the government, how much compensation, and that he would die at the age of 53 with no son.
- As many predictions proven with great accuracy, Liao-Fan ceased to challenge matters in life. He had no ambitions, meditated all day long, and stopped studying.
One’s Destiny was in his/her own hand.
- At 36 Liao-Fan met a monk, Yun-Gu who stated the common would be bound to Yin-Yan (the fate). The exceptions are those who did great deeds or committed unforgivable sins.
- Yun-Gu taught that to change the destiny, one needed to
- reflect the good and bad done
- daily discipline oneself: consciously do the good deeds
One was not bound by fate, but his own actions
- After self-examining his personality and habits, Liao-Fan decided he deserved the fate he had.
- Yun-Gu taught him how to change his fate
- rig of bad habits and control his temper
- act diplomatic, be humble and kind, help the needed, and be strict to himself
Cultivation and prayers
- Liao-Fan confessed to the buddha and promised 3,000 good deeds.
- He started to change himself, rig the bad and seek the virtuals.
Liao-Fan’s fate started to change
- Liao-Fan was cautious about what he said and did. He faced criticism with a clear conscious.
- A year after doing good deeds persistently, Elder Kong’s predictions were no longer as accurate.
DAO was available to the humble
- When famous, act humble; when things are going great, proceed with caution as not.
- Show respect to others. Don’t feel shame to ask questions and help.
- Discipline yourself and show good manners. Nurture your virtues and enter DAO.
- Reflect daily. Rig of the wrong whenever you can.
Liao-Fan made an effort to change his destiny and succeeded. This book was the proof. Here are the questions and answers if you are still puzzled.
- Can one change his destiny? YES
- How? Through Cultivation. Show Kindness and Humility.
Please visit daocafe.com and give us feedback. A pdf is available for your convenience.